[messages] [Module Design] Re: Counter Properties

shilinski stan at hilinski.net
Thu Mar 24 10:31:44 MST 2011

Assuming I understand what you want to do, I think I did what you want
in "Rommel in the Desert." If you right-click on a piece and choose
Properties (Cntl-P), it will tell you things like "speed=3" and
"BP-cost=3". To accomplish this, I added the Property trait to the unit
prototype. In Property, name became "speed=3" and type became "Label
Only." I ended up with an uneditable property that gave information and
nothing more. If you look at the "Rommel in the Desert" module and
examine a prototype for "mech" (for example), you will see it in action.