[messages] Edit: [Module Design] Re: Counter Properties

shilinski stan at hilinski.net
Thu Mar 24 10:33:43 MST 2011

[This message has been edited.]

Assuming I understand what you want to do, I think I did what you want
in "Rommel in the Desert." If you right-click on a piece and choose
Properties (Cntl-P), it will tell you things like "speed=3" and
"BP-cost=3". To accomplish this, I added the Property Sheet trait to the
unit prototype. In Property Sheet, name became "speed=3" and type became
"Label Only." I ended up with an uneditable property that gave
information and nothing more. If you look at the "Rommel in the Desert"
module and examine a prototype for "mech" (for example), you will see it
in action.