[messages] [Module Design] Creating a Hex-Grid

Thomas Russ tar at isi.edu
Thu Mar 24 16:15:59 MST 2011

On Mar 24, 2011, at 3:05 PM, Doggo wrote:
> I need to know one of the following; how can I produce a hex-grid in
> VASSAL and export it to use in Photoshop as a transparent overlay/
> layer
> OR what inputs are needed in Vassal and GIMP to produce hexes of the
> same size?

The easiest way to do this is to create a map board in Vassal and
setup the hex grid the way you want it.  You can then leave the
background blank.  Select the option to display the hex grid and any
hex numbers.  Then open the module with this blank board and take a
picture of it using the camera button.  That should give you a PNG of
the hex grid that Vassal uses.

(If you set a background color and want to get rid of if, select the
set background color again and then hit "cancel".  It will clear the
color).