[messages] [Module Design] Re: PieceName

Tim McCarron timothy.mccarron at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 25 07:19:48 MST 2011

Yes I refer to using the Report Action trait - set it to Ctrl 1

Put what you want it to say in the report field - " $BasicName moves from
$OldLocation$ to $Location$ for example

In the map dialog you want to clear all the auto reports except for the 4th
one "Auto-report format for units modified on this map", set it to $message$

In the Key command to apply all units ending movement on this map field
enter Ctrl 1

Your units will now report everytime they move using the basic name.

The alternative is to use $PieceName$ but you must clear all layer name
level entries so it only uses the BasicName