Michael Kiefte mkiefte at dal.ca
Tue Mar 29 13:25:04 MST 2011

I just had to post this bit.  You're allowed to have an array of length 5 in
which the myArray[3] is invalid following delete myArray[3]; Object
properties seem unmanageable and methods are implemented rather poorly (you
have to assign them like variables).  JavaScript seems fine for small
projects where you're the only developer, but for multi-developer projects,
it would be hard to coordinate. I really can't imagine working with this for
anything complicated.

>From the docs:

At the implementation level, JavaScript's arrays actually store their
> elements as standard object properties, using the array index as the
> property name

Didn't sh used to work like this?  I guess there's a reason why it's called
JavaScript.

- M.