Thomas Russ tar at isi.edu
Wed Mar 30 09:00:13 MST 2011

On Mar 30, 2011, at 5:36 AM, Joel Uckelman wrote:

> It's not clear to me what the long-term situation of Java on the Mac
> is
> ---we might suddenly find that there is no longer a working JVM there.
> Using it also prevents us from having something which could work on
> iOS.

 From what I see (and presumably you as well, since you're on the
Apple Java developer mailing list) is that Oracle will be taking over
the task of delivering Java VMs for the Mac as well as their current
Windows and Linux/Unix versions.  In some ways that is likely to be an
improvement over the current situation where Apple's release is often
a bit behind the Oracle releases.