[messages] [Module Design] Re: Help making module

gboyce gfb2468 at aol.com
Fri May 6 07:25:56 MST 2011

If you have never done a VASSAL Module, I would suggest looking at the
Dominion module using the Module Editor.  Don't be worried about messing
it up.  Just review how it is organized and how features are presented
in the Editor.  You can always back out of any menu by "CANCEL"  and
that will ensure you make no unwanted changes.  Then ultimately you can
exit without saving, and that will keep you from messing up your
Dominion module.

While you are reviewing an existing module you should use the Reference
Guide to explain what you are looking at.  Then once you have a feel for
things start out adding a map and a few counter to a NEW module just to
see how things work.  Save this module as a "test" and then "play" the
module to see how things work.  I think there are a number of things you
will need to understand before committing to a large module.  So I
suggest taking small steps.

Hope that gets you started (if that's what you needed).   If you have
specific questions, keep posting here.