[messages] [Developers] Re: [Developers] Re: Roadmap for VASSAL 4

lancel lanceleu at mindspring.com
Fri May 6 19:50:30 MST 2011

"uckelman" wrote:
> Thus spake lancel:
> > Is OpenGL and GLUT open-source?  Where can one get the libraries
> > otherwise?
> >

> Both are open-source.
>
> The GLUT implementation I'm linking against is Freeglut:
>
> http://freeglut.sourceforge.net/[1]
>
> Freeglut uses the X License.
>
> If you're compiling on and for Linux, you'll most likely already
> have both OpenGL and GLUT. If you're compiling on Windows, I'm not
> exactly sure where you get the headers you need; I haven't had
> time to look yet. I don't have access to a Mac, but I suspect that
> the Mac situation is similar to Linux.
>
> --
> J.

I tried to use Visual Studio 2010 C++ Express to see how far I can go.
I was able to compile all the way but whenever I ran it, I would run
into a crash at the following line inside map.cpp:

glDrawArrays(GL_TRIANGLE_FAN, 0, 4);

I got the GLee SDK from http://www.opengl.org/sdk/libs/GLee/[2] and
recompiled it with VS2010.  I got the Win32 version of freeglut.  I even
recompiled its source but the outcome was the same.  I got the jpeglib
versions 8c and 6b but both got me the same error.  I am curious to see
if you also run into the same error with MinGW.

Lance

[1] http://freeglut.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://www.opengl.org/sdk/libs/GLee/