[messages] [Developers] Re: [Developers] Re: Roadmap for VASSAL 4

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Sat May 7 05:55:56 MST 2011

Thus spake lancel:

> I tried to use Visual Studio 2010 C++ Express to see how far I can go.
> I was able to compile all the way but whenever I ran it, I would run
> into a crash at the following line inside map.cpp:
>
> glDrawArrays(GL_TRIANGLE_FAN, 0, 4);

Any idea why that would cause a crash? The vertex VBO has 4 vertices in
it, so I don't think the problem is that we're overrunning the end of
the VBO.

> I got the GLee SDK from http://www.opengl.org/sdk/libs/GLee/[2] and
> recompiled it with VS2010.  I got the Win32 version of freeglut.  I even
> recompiled its source but the outcome was the same.  I got the jpeglib
> versions 8c and 6b but both got me the same error.  I am curious to see
> if you also run into the same error with MinGW.

I haven't been able to successfully compile with MinGW yet, due to my
MinGW headers not having all the extension definitions that my Linux
ones do. I'm just about to try GLEW (http://glew.sourceforge.net/) for
handling that, so I'll let you know how it turns out.