[messages] [Module Design] Re: Player board(s) with different at start setup?

Tim M timothy.mccarron at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 9 06:30:41 MST 2011

"Flaney" wrote:
> Great! Any help will be appreciated.
>
> I've been putting off adding all the units for each side until I got a
> good method of excluding the side variants.
>
> Out of curiosity, how do folks keep track of all the hotkeys employed
> in a module? I am starting to worry about accidentally re-using a key
> I set up in an earlier design block.

Here is the demo module inside the zip file. It is for 3 maps. It works
the same (in essence) as having to delineate all the possible
combinations except you dont save them - you just provide the options on
the main map and let the player(s) select - think of your main map like
the index page of a book. This way you dont have to create 100's of save
files and it will always stay up to date.

It is still somewhat cumbersome to set up all the buttons but you only
have to do it one time (As opposed to thousands of times because each
time you update your module you'll have to recreate all those saved
files again)