[messages] [Module Design] Re: Keep track of all the hotkeys employed in a module?

DrNostromo drnostromo at drnostromo.com
Mon May 9 07:05:23 MST 2011

I sent the developer a note. Hopefully, we'll hear back.

In the meantime, I use a lot of automation in mods so trying to keep
track of hot keys was a nightmare for me. I came up with a method to
prevent problems. I have a text file that has a list of hot keys like...

ALT A
CTRL A
SHIFT A
ALT CTRL A
ALT SHIFT A
CTRL SHIFT A
ALT CTRL SHIFT A

ALT B
etc, etc

Every time I need a new hot key, I use the top one on the list and
delete it from the text file. It's a rather archaic method but it works
and I don't have to worry about repeating a hot key that may cause
conflicts.

Also, is case you're unaware of this, the upcoming 3.2 version of Vassal
will allow the use of key words instead of hot keys so this will not
longer be a problem.