[messages] [Module Design] Re: Question about sending cards button

Tim M timothy.mccarron at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 9 12:40:42 MST 2011

"briareos" wrote:
> If you look at the dominion module.  Each player has a hand that they
> can draw cards from their specific draw deck (everyone has their own)
> and everyone has their own discard pile.  If you look in a player's
> hand there is a button for discarding the whole hand at once.  I
> looked at the dominion module in the editor but I don't see where in
> that button it specifies where the cards go when you hit that button.
> For example in the discard pile you can right click and send to deck
> and when you look at the discard piles in the editor it has a menu in
> the properties that lets you point to a specific deck to move them to.
>  What am I missing?

The Discard Hand button is a Toolbar Global Key command that executes
the key command CTRL 1 (player1 ) Ctrl 2 (player 2 etc..) (or can be
activated by the hotkey "D")

If you examine the cards specifically the Card prototype which all cards
inherit there are the related trigger actions and return to deck traits
that are executed. from the toolbar GKC

Side note to Mod Author - your trait ordering is backwards which helps
explains why we keep getting a lot of ABR errors reported on the
Dominion module.