[messages] [Module Design] Re: Question about sending cards button

Tim M timothy.mccarron at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 10 07:25:31 MST 2011

"briareos" wrote:
> Ok I'm thinking I'm not going to use one for now just to make this
> easier.  What would I need for just a Player hand window for each
> player that allowed only them to see the cards (like how anyone else
> who looks see's the card back) unless the player flips the card in his
> hand?  I just want to get something playable up as soon as possible!

Obviously youll need Player hand windows with the sides specified who
they belong to. You'll also want to make the hands visible to all
players.

On your playing cards you'll need the mask trait. In the mask trait you
define the back of the card (what all players normally see when card
isnt revealed) and the owning players back of card which lets the card
owner "see through" the card to the unrevealed side without actually
having to reveal it unless they have to

see http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Mask[1]

[1] http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Mask