lancel lanceleu at mindspring.com
Thu May 12 15:29:43 MST 2011

On the 32-bit machine, if your glew32.dll is used, then it will generate
the initialization error that was reported before:

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK
to terminate the application"

If the glew32.dll from SourceForge is used, then it will crash a bit
farther down with no error message like the one above.  In other words,
the initialization is okay with the SourceForge's glew32.dll.

On my netbook, the glewinfo.exe has the following output below.  I guess
that means the graphic chips can work only with OpenGL version up to
1.4?  If that is true, then the crash probably makes sense if you are
using some methods available only in OpenGL 1.5.

    GLEW Extension Info

GLEW version 1.6.0
Reporting capabilities of pixelformat 3
Running on a Intel Pineview Platform from Intel
OpenGL version 1.4.0 - Build 8.14.10.2230 is supported
etc etc