lancel lanceleu at mindspring.com
Sun May 15 10:40:33 MST 2011

The Windows mdmp file is like Unix's core dump file.  If I have your
build environment, I probably can read it.

On the other hand, I guess your crash is probably the same as the one
seen on mine when I used the Visual Studio IDE to build your original
code.  So, I browsed the web and found this:

http://objectmix.com/graphics/135701-gldrawarrays.html[1]

I added the lines below in your code to see what I can get on my
machines:

GLint value;
glGetIntegerv(GL_MAX_ELEMENTS_VERTICES, &value);

On my netbook, the value is 1024.  On my W7 64-bit, it is 2147483647.
On my W2k VM, it is only 256 (OpenGL 1.1).
So, I wonder how large your array is.  If it is larger than 1024, that
may explain it.  Is there any way for you to limit the size to something
less than 1024 so that I can test it?  I am not that familiar with
OpenGL so I don't know right away where I should go to trim off the
array that glDrawArrays uses.

Lance

[1] http://objectmix.com/graphics/135701-gldrawarrays.html