Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Mon May 16 02:08:40 MST 2011

Thus spake lancel:
> I could not get your code compiled with VS 2010 yet.

How did it fail? What were the error message?

> On checking the
> working code you just uploaded, I did not find anywhere calling
> glBindBufferARB though.  I suppose if anywhere, that change should be in
> map.cpp?

In order to avoid checking for OpenGL 1.5 support every time we use
one of the VBO functions, I set up some function pointers for these
functions (and for all of the other OpenGL functions we use). These
are in the gl namespace, declared in glutil.h and set in glutil.cpp.

Unless I have the wrong test in setup_gl_fptrs() in glutil.cpp, there
shouldn't need to be any changes made elsewhere.