lancel lanceleu at mindspring.com
Mon May 16 07:05:52 MST 2011

I don't know how to read the dump unless I have the symbol files
generated with the code compiled.  So, I tried to set up your code in a
MS IDE to see if that can be compiled.  On my first run, the IDE
generated the following errors for your function pointer translation
lines inside setup_gl_fptrs().

error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'void (__stdcall
*)(GLenum,GLuint)' to 'void (__cdecl *)(GLenum,GLuint)'
1>          This conversion requires a reinterpret_cast, a C-style cast
or function-style cast

So, I tried to cast your lines in glutil.h and glutil.cpp to something
like this:

extern void (__stdcall *BlendFunc)(GLenum sfactor, GLenum dfactor);

The thing compiled but the link failed with something like the ones
below.  I have yet to figure out why only the lines below have
unresolved external symbols but not all the function pointers that you
redefined inside setup_gl_fptrs().  Maybe it is a different problem
unrelated to the changes I made.

glutil.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp____glewGenBuffersARB
1>glutil.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp____glewDeleteBuffersARB
1>glutil.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp____glewBufferDataARB
1>glutil.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp____glewBindBufferARB
1>glutil.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp____glewGenBuffers
1>glutil.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp____glewDeleteBuffers
1>glutil.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp____glewBufferData
1>glutil.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp____glewBindBuffer
1>glutil.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp____GLEW_VERSION_1_5
1>glutil.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp____GLEW_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic