[messages] [Module Design] Player cards left count

Thomas Russ tar at isi.edu
Tue May 24 09:46:31 MST 2011

On May 24, 2011, at 8:39 AM, jarjar26 wrote:

> Hi list,
> I'm working on a two players CDG game module, and would like to know
> if
> there is a way to show how many cards left on their hands for each
> player ?

I thought there was a thread on something related recently, but I
can't seem to locate it.

If the player hands are decks, then there is direct support for
counting the number of cards in a deck.

If the player hands are separate maps, then you would have to
implement a trigger-based counting method so that whenever a card is
placed on a particular map the counter is incremented and when a card
is moved away the counter is decremented.  I think the first one is
pretty straight-forward, but I'm not completely sure about how to do
the second part.