[messages] [Developers] Re: Peer to Peer library

swampwallaby b.easton at exemail.com.au
Tue May 24 21:00:11 MST 2011

The current Vassal 'server' is actually extremely simple in operation.
Apart from controlling the creation and manipulation of 'Rooms', it
essentially just echo's anything sent by any client in a room to all
other clients in that room. This is why it was relatively easy to
convert Vassal to use XMPP (Jabber). It's just a basic multi-user chat
server.

libjingle talks XMPP, so it would make sense to use an XMPP server.
Hopefully we can find a C++ or C XMPP open source server we can shoe
horn in. One that uses libjingle already would be a plus.