swampwallaby b.easton at exemail.com.au
Tue May 24 22:11:49 MST 2011

I think something we really need to do is to set some specific goals
that the new project will aim for. We need to look at what is it that
VASSAL does well? What is it that VASSAL does badly? Then set some
specific goals that we want to achieve. At each stage of the technical
development, we can then refer back to those goals and make sure we are
meeting them, or re-work the goals.

Some of the goals may be big and wishy-washy (User friendly, modern
interface etc.), but most should be fairly specific. For example, I am
concerned that we solve the security issues with hidden information
right from the start. I'll start some new threads to discuss this and
build up a new section in the Wiki to summarise this.