[messages] [Module Design] Global Key Command question

Flaney flaney at yahoo.com
Fri May 27 03:33:19 MST 2011

A GKC property key command issued is applied to OTHER pieces, right?

I want to test for duplicates, so the piece issues a GKC (say SHIFT 1)
matching: BasicName = $BasicName$. When the duplicate gets this
keystroke(Trigger on SHIFT 1), it replies with its own GKC (SHIFT 2)
matching: BasicName = $BasicName$. Finally, there is a trigger that
responds to SHIFT 2 by issuing a Delete keystroke.

When I test this piece, it deletes itself even though there are no other
pieces on the board. Thus I conclude that it is issuing the GKC to all
pieces including itself.

Is there a way to exclude itself in the global issue?

Thanks,

Flaney