[messages] [Developers] Re: 3.2 roundup

viewofheaven viewport2heaven at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 1 15:45:55 MST 2011

"Brent Easton" wrote:

> > Brent Easton acknowledged reproducing the behavior described in the
> > quote and logged it as Bug 4050. I don't know if he intends to fix
> > it for 3.2.
>

> The bug only occurs when the Windows native L&F is turned on, and I
> believe it is most likely a Java bug. The code involved is extemely
> complex with multiple layers of Listeners interacting accross multiple
> classes. I am glad you will have a fix for it in the next day or two
> Jon.

I submitted a patch for this just now. The bug is in a major logic flaw
(from 1 tiny line) in PieceMover.

By the way, I'm lazy as heck when it comes to designing games (read my
initial hunt for a game designer[1] to how I eventually latched on to an
avid game designer[2]).

I'm good with reverse-engineering, which is why I kill bugs pretty
quickly. But that's all I do.

If you ask me to "just shut up and finish up your suggested Pandemic
game polish", which I believe (perhaps mistakenly) I can technically do,
I'll be procrastinating. I promised to redo Pandemic in 2 days, and
never got around to it! For the record, I think I'll take much longer
than most of you guys to redo Pandemic.

So, feel free to throw bugs at me and tell me to "just shut up and eat
bugs"! Heh. :) Yeah, I'm willing to take it upon myself to be
responsible for bugs in Vassal, cos I can do that pretty easily. Rest of
you guys should help me create games I can enjoy!

___Commander, dilithium chambers are at full. Warp cores stable and
ready. Engineering is good to go! Sir!___

[1] http://www.vassalengine.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4566
[2] http://www.vassalengine.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4584