[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Re: [Technical Support & Bugs] Re: Board Flip Bug

Tim M timothy.mccarron at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 2 05:53:34 MST 2011

"uckelman" wrote:
> Thus spake drbooda:
> > I only discovered Vassal last week after 3.1.17 was released, so I
> have
> > no experience with 3.1.16.  This issue may have been there all along
> as
> > far as I know.
> >

> Would you mind checking it with 3.1.16?
>
> --
> J.

The problem is that the mapboard graphics are not symmetrical about the
graphic centerline/midpoint - Flipping the board will cause grid to
appear off as a result

the partial image attached of one of the maps from this module of two
layered images, one flipped/partly transparent show how the hexes dont
line up. The hex's horizontal double lines are clear
<!-- ia0 -->hexgrid.png<!-- ia0 -->

I don't think there is anything we can do about this in Vassal unless we
allow defining of two sets of grids for boards that may be flipped but
are not perfect graphically