[messages] [Developers] Re: Check-ins for 3.2

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Wed Nov 2 12:37:02 MST 2011

Thus spake pgeerkens:
> Remember to ignore white-space changes.  Are any of these diff's really much
> different than those of 25 years ago. I remember there being some settings
> that could  affect the conciseness, or not, of the analysis.

The problem was/is not the diff format---I read diffs every day---but
that it seemed like the base for the diffs of files which were new to
my working copy was not my working copy, but rather some intermediate
state in the four changesets I merged. Hence, I was seeing as part of
the trailing and leading context code I'd never seen before, because
one of the other (earlier?) changesets introduced it. Strange.