[messages] [Developers] Re: How to become a Vassal developper

Brent Easton b.easton at exemail.com.au
Thu Nov 3 00:59:14 MST 2011

> RecursionLimiter currently limits call depth, not just recursion
> depth.

If it helps, we can rename RecursionLimiter to CallDepthLimiter :)

> My proposal for animation requires that TriggerAction be runnable in a
> separate thread.

There is no way this will ever happen. It will cause a nightmare of
problems since Trigger Actions can trigger any actions at all.

If you really feel the need for Animation, then write a new Trait that
does Animation specifically.  It would know about the image sequence and
the timings and can start a thread to display them using a proper
Animator timer. That would be a much better solution.