[messages] Edit: [Module General Discussion] Re: What does PBEM stand for?

ijthompson ijor808 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 5 09:52:13 MST 2011

[This message has been edited.]

Just saw this thread. Charlie, it was perhaps wrong for the host to kick
you (I didn't even realize he had - I thought you just left), but to be
fair, you arrived a 1/2 hour into the game, and your screen name was
nothing like your name here, so nobody knew who you were.

I wouldn't be so quick to write off the community, as we were just six
people playing a game. But we were all operating under the assumption
that everyone who wanted to play already knew how to use Vassal, and so
once 4pm struck and we had six players ready to go, we were off (none of
us were looking at the Vassal forums at that time - why would we?).

So I'm sorry you had a bad first experience, but as I said in the other
thread, if you get used to how Vassal works on your own first, then next
time, maybe you'll be one of the players who's ready to go at the
appointed time. :)