[messages] [Feature Requests] Re: Game Pieces Pallete restricted to certain Sides

mertburke mertatbeer at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 11:17:35 MST 2011

I'm trying to use Tim's indirect method. I have an action button piece
that fires a global hotkey that triggers the show hide in the palette.
But it only seems to work when the palette is not hidden at the start,
which means that there is a button for it in the control window. Is
there any way to remove/hide/disable this? Am I missing something?

(My game is refereed and has about 60 unit types per side, the players
won't initially know about all the enemy types, and they will be able to
raise large numbers of new units over the course of the game. I don't
want them to be able to see each other's available unit types, and I
don't want to create stacks or private window spawn controls for each
unit type.)
(What I guess I'll do if I can't get this working is ask what they want
to build in the recruitment phase, edit the module to unlock the
palette, add the new units, edit again to re-lock, and send them the
updated file. A method that seems brutally clumsy at best.)