[messages] [Module Design] Re: Ownership Model

JustaBill martinson2005 at netscape.net
Mon Nov 7 13:27:49 MST 2011

That's not a bad idea, but has two drawbacks: yet another window to keep
open somewhere on the desktop, and you have to constantly click a
Refresh button to see current card counts.

I was trying to work this information into a master "control piece" in
the main game window that shows the current phase and sub-phase, what
role each player is currently in, and their hand counts.  It's too bad I
can't just put $RedHand_numPieces$ or $RedHand_sum_MyCustomProperty$ in
a text label and be done with it.  This is the first real "elegance
crash" I've run into that I couldn't find a reasonable solution to.