[messages] [Module General Discussion] Re: Syntax for text properties

DrNostromo drnostromo at drnostromo.com
Thu Nov 10 21:58:13 MST 2011

Heh, heh, heh. Yeah, I got that wrong too. What I wrote would be
comparing a variable called Prop against a variable called Foo Bar ...so
Brent got right.

Since we're on the subject, you can combine variables on the left to
create a single variable. For example, I'm working on a game right now
where the player sides are the names of clans - Pegasus, Dragon, etc.

Each player selects a race which is stored in Global Properties -
PegasusRace, DragonRace. Lets say:

PegasusRace = Orc
DragonRace = Elf

Now let's say that you have a button that will activate a trigger action
if the player side playing the Orc clicks it. You can put in a property
filter of:

$PlayersSide$Race = Orc

If Pegasus clicks it, it will activate as PegasusRace = Orc

If Dragon clicks it, it won't activate as DragonRace = Elf