[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Mac Heap Size error - Wif Module

Thomas Russ taruss2000 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 14:01:59 MST 2011

On Nov 7, 2011, at 8:17 PM, KenClark wrote:

> We have a Mac user who is getting max heap size errors - says it's
> reached the limit and he has to increase it.  He's already at 2048 -- he
> doesn't know how much RAM he has, but this seems a bit extreme as the PC
> version works fine with 1024 as max heap.  Any suggestions on how to fix
> this?

Hmmm.
I just downloaded and tried this on my iMac and didn't have any problems starting an offline game.

Vassal 3.1.17 and WIF 6.30

The default memory that I used was 256/512 with memory mapped images off.
I loaded all of the maps except South America.

No errors and no other problems.
I tried loading some of the saved games as well and they also seemed to work.

So I'm not sure what the problem is with your Mac user friend.

I also tried with Quartz rendering on and off and it didn't seem to make a difference.