[messages] [Module Design] Showing the Number of Items in a Stack

zmpouf the_ar at freemail.gr
Tue Nov 22 08:38:43 MST 2011

I found in the reference manual that it is possible to show the number
of pieces of a stack in the Mouse-over Stack Viewer.

> __Showing the Number of Items in a Stack__
> You can set a Stack Viewer to show the number of items contained in
> the stack. For example, we want to display the number of units in a
> stack.
> 1. We set a Marker Trait on all units we want to count. The Marker
> Trait is called _UnitCount_, and the Value of each Trait is 1.
> 2. We create a Stack Viewer for the Map Window. In __Summary Text
> Above Pieces__, we select _$sum(PropertyName)_$. In the box, we
> replace _PropertyName _with _UnitCount _(so it shows
> _$sum(UnitCount)$_). On mouseover, the Viewer will now display the
> total Unit Count of all pieces in the stack.

Can I use the total Unit Count of all pieces in the stack anywhere else
except the Mouse-over Stack Viewer? I'd like to set this number as a
Global Property Value.

Thanks,
Andreas