[messages] [Module Design] PDF files

barbanera barbanera at fantafoot.com
Fri Apr 6 05:14:36 MST 2012

Is there a way to add a PDF file to a module so that it's visible in
game?

I would like to add the game rulebook to the module so that players can
click on a button and browse it if they wish.

However, I tried charts but they only handle images. I tried HTML charts
with the PDF file itself (hoping it would start a browser and then read
it with its PDF plugin) but everything hangs and Vassal needs to be
killed. I tried making a real HTML file with just a an A link to the
PDF, but that hangs as well.

Any idea?

P.S. This PDF file doesn't convert well to PNG/JPG/GIF, and I tried many
tools. It just explodes from 10 MB to 20-30 MB or the resolution needs
to be dropped too much, making it unreadable.