[messages] [Feature Requests] Side specific layers (language choice!)

barbanera barbanera at fantafoot.com
Mon Apr 16 03:50:24 MST 2012

"irishwulf" wrote:
> The easiest way I can think of to do this now is with multiple
> releases of the module - just change the image files but leave the
> buildfile alone.  The different releases will still be able to talk to
> each other online, and each player will have their own language on the
> cards.

Do you mean the checksum will be the same, even if the gifs happen to
have different sizes? No synchronization issues? If so that would be
nice, thxs for the suggestion.

> As for the indirection in the Layer trait, this should now be possible
> in 3.2 using Calculated Properties and BeanShell.  Unfortunately I bet
> it would update the other clients with the new level - but then, I
> don't /know/ that it would off the top of my head.  Play around with
> it some!  For the Follow Property, do something like:
> CurrentMap_Hits
> Then have a Calculated Property, CurrentMap_Hits, with value:
> { GetProperty(CurrentMap + "_Hits") }

I didn't think of testing with 3.2, my bad. I guess I could try
calculating ps_lang as GetProperty(playerSide + "_language") and see how
it goes (but it will probably show the value for the playerSide invoking
the command, as you say).