[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] stack doesnt expand

Jeffrey Brent McBeth mcbeth at broggs.org
Mon Apr 16 12:52:56 MST 2012

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 11:52:42AM -0700, Joel Uckelman wrote:
> Thus spake pecete:
> > Ok I found out, stacks does expand, but it is not as smooth as on
> > windows, I do have to fast double click several times to get it to work.
>
> It's possible that this has something to do with the double-click speed
> set in your window manager.

Didn't Sun's Java / Gnome/KDE have a long standing pissing match where Java ignored the double-click speed of your window manager on Linux?  This was due to Java only wanting to read your xrdb, and Gnome/KDE not wanting to write to the xrdb.

IIRC, the temporary fix was to do something like add:
*.multiClickTime: 500

to the file ~/.Xdefaults and run
  xrdb -merge ~/.Xdefaults

--
"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over
 the man who cannot read them."