[messages] [Feature Requests] Side specific layers (language choice!)

irishwulf irishwulf at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 15:14:44 MST 2012

Dude, for some reason I can't even get GetProperty() to work at all for
me anymore.  I don't know if it's because I'm now on linux, or because
I'm on a newer svn build, but everything I've tried gives something
like:
Bad Data in Module: Expression evaluation error
{GetProperty("BasicName")}

I can't think of a more straightforward application of GetProperty.  Any
other linux users able to substantiate my suspicion that this is a bug
with BeanShell in linux?

Anyways, two things:
1) If an expression fails once, it may not be tried again until you
reopen the module.  So, considering that you didn't add the global
properties until after trying to reference them, you may need to quit
the module and reopen it.
2) I would check the following in a Report Action:
{ GetProperty("playerSide") }
{ GetProperty(playerSide + "_language") }
{ GetProperty(mySide + "_language") }, where you have set mySide = RED,
say, in a Marker

-Seth