[messages] [Developers] test build for 3.1.19

bdgza bdegroot at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 01:26:37 MST 2012

"uckelman" wrote:
> Thus spake bdgza:
> >
> > "uckelman" wrote:
> > > 2) If you can, check that the ghost offset looks right when
> dragging
> > > pieces. In particular, if you can check this on Windows with both
> Java
> > > 6 and Java 7, please do so. It would also be helpful to hear from
> > > someone using a Mac. This will help verify the fix for 4204.
> >

> > Tried 3.1.19-svn8131 on MacOS X 10.7.3 with java 1.6.0_31. The drag
> > ghost offset is wrong. Looks like the top/left of the ghost is at
> the
> > bottom/right of the image dragged.
> >

> I've committed a fix. Does 3.1.19-svn8137 work for you? (It's
> uploading
> now, will probalby be finished within the next five minutes.)
>
> --
> J.

The 8137 fixed the drag ghost offset issue. It now looks like it should
on my computer.

Two comments that are not related to the drag ghost thing:
1. Sometimes when you drag there is no ghost at all. This usually
happens when events follow each other very fast. Like in the Memoir '44
module when I am building a scenario, I clone a terrain tile piece, and
drag it, and clone and drag etc, quite a number of times in succession.
For a % of these drags there is no ghost or any feedback of the drag.

2. The VASSAL application is delivered on the dmg disk image as read
only for all. This means whenever I want to do anything with it, for
example delete an older copy, I have to enter my administrator password.
Other software delivered on dmg's does not come with this problem.