[messages] [Developers] test build for 3.1.19

bdgza bdegroot at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 12:11:01 MST 2012

"uckelman" wrote:
> Thus spake Joel Uckelman:
> >
> > > 2. The VASSAL application is delivered on the dmg disk image as
> read
> > > only for all. This means whenever I want to do anything with it,
> for
> > > example delete an older copy, I have to enter my administrator
> password.
> > > Other software delivered on dmg's does not come with this problem.
> >
> > To date, we've been creating the disk image with genisoimage on
> Linux.
> > My guess for why is shows up as read-only is that the filesystem in
> the
> > image is ISO9660, not HFS+. I think genisoimage can generate an HFS
> > (no plus?) filesystem as well, and I seem to have mkfs.hfs and
> > mkfs.hfsplus, so I might be able to use dd, mkfs, mount, and cp to
> make
> > an HFS or HFS+ image.
>
> Just to see what it would do, I tried creating an HFS+ image for
> 3.1.19-svn8137 manually:
>
> http://www.vassalengine.org/~uckelman/builds/test.dmg[1]
>
> Is this any better? Does it even work at all?
>
> --
> J.

Yes, it's a little better. The disk image works. The old image would
mount and then open a new Finder window, this image doesn't do that, it
only mounts. The VASSAL application has the read/write privileges, but
it's locked for some reason (Finder attribute, like the Read Only
checkbox on Windows).

[1] http://www.vassalengine.org/~uckelman/builds/test.dmg