[messages] [Developers] test build for 3.1.19

bdgza bdegroot at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 13:12:29 MST 2012

"uckelman" wrote:
> Thus spake bdgza:
> > >
> > > Just to see what it would do, I tried creating an HFS+ image for
> > > 3.1.19-svn8137 manually:
> > >
> > > http://www.vassalengine.org/~uckelman/builds/test.dmg[1][1]
> > >
> > > Is this any better? Does it even work at all?
> > >

> > Yes, it's a little better. The disk image works. The old image would
> > mount and then open a new Finder window, this image doesn't do that,
> it
> > only mounts. The VASSAL application has the read/write privileges,
> but
> > it's locked for some reason (Finder attribute, like the Read Only
> > checkbox on Windows).
>
> Do you have any suggestions for how I might change that? Is it perhaps
> an issue with who owns the files inside the disk image? (If so, what
> user should own them?)
>
> --
> J.

The locked attribute is not related to the UNIX style access privileges,
nor to the HFS+ ACLs. It is an old style HFS file attribute boolean
flag. There must be something during the creation process of the
application package or the disk image that sets this attribute, although
it's not related to the disk image itself directly. A disk image can be
read-only, but it would not set this attribute on the files contained
within.

[1] http://www.vassalengine.org/~uckelman/builds/test.dmg