[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Vassal not launching

armadillobandwagon armadillobandwagon at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 16:02:30 MST 2012

I discovered that mine was looking for the home directory on a drive
that didn't exist by using
java -cp lib/Vengine.jar VASSAL.launch.ModuleManager

That told me the path it was looking for. I don't know what you would do
if it was looking for a server but if it's just a drive or something
then you can create a partition with the same letter and create the
/users/[yourname]/ folders in there yourself. That got it to work for
me.

Clearly it isn't a perfect solution but it's better than nothing.