[messages] [Module Design] Disable a single piece

irishwulf irishwulf at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 09:03:58 MST 2012

Restricted access?  Not that I know of, in fact it can't even be changed
during the game, I don't believe.  What you would typically do would be
to use Replace With Other to swap the piece out with an identical piece
with a different Restricted Access trait.  Seriously.

As for changing other traits, you usually do this:
1) Piece A triggers a Global Key Command with a property filter to
target piece B
2) Piece B listens for the GKC keystroke with a Dynamic Property, and
changes its own property

It is generally not possible for one piece to directly manipulate
another piece.  Pass control from one piece to another with Global Key
Command.