[messages] [General Discussion] New user... Noob Questions...

Tragic tragictheblathering at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 23:06:04 MST 2012

Hi there

I found out about this software from a link on BGG and have a few
questions..

Basically I'm moving state and away from my play group and we thought it
might be fun to use a virtual table top software to play some of our fav
games online together. After some searching of BGG I saw that this app
had a lot of recommendations but it seams to be focused on RPGs... we
are looking for a system that can do card games and boardgames.

I have experience in making plugins for LackeyCCG for cardgames, but I
was hoping there would be a app out there that has a bit more
functionality in it. Namely maybe a scripting engine to do some extra
funky things? I know OCTGN has this but there forum needs admin approval
to get access and I've registered twice and months later each time still
waiting for approval. Also as far as can tell it dose not have a save
function.

For a board game I thought for starters we could make a copy of Dungeon
Run.. a new game much like Dungeons and Dragons: Wrath of Ashardalon.
Both these games use a modular board that is drawn form a deck... is it
possible to build this game in your software?

Thanks in advance