[messages] [Module Design] Number of players

barbanera barbanera at fantafoot.com
Sun Jan 15 06:07:53 MST 2012

Hello, I am trying to find my way back into Vassal module designing
after many years. Apologies in advance if some questions I might ask are
already answered somewhere else.

How do I find out how many players are "connected" at the start of a
game via the Vassal server? And their nicknames?

The module I am designing is for 2 to 4 players and I am trying to
automatize setup of the game. In particular, I need to distribute cards
and such in different ways, depending on the number of players in the
game.

I would also like to possibly show the name of the players next to some
turn tracker/victory track counter.