[messages] [Module Design] Re: Number of players

barbanera barbanera at fantafoot.com
Sun Jan 15 09:49:50 MST 2012

thank you all for the suggestions

I guess I could go the "each player clicks a button" way (so to know how
many there are and what's their actual side name and player name is)....
but surely the vassal engine does know how many have joined and which
side they selected to play with, doesn't it?

I tried my first online Vassal game today (yes.. never played before,
just worked for ages on my module before giving up years ago) and when I
clicked on "synchronize" with the guy who had started the room I got a
screen asking if I wanted to join as player 3, 4 or 5 (game creator and
another guy where already in), so of course the game knows how many
people have logged in and which sides are still available..

it does sound strange that those properties are reserved and not visible
at module level..