[messages] [General Discussion] New user looking for help

cedric18 cedric18 at comcast.net
Thu Jan 19 21:20:01 MST 2012

Hey everyone, I have an issue I need some guidance on.  I am in the
process of playing a 2 player game of Space Empires 4X with another
first time Vassal user.

I am running Vassal 3.1.18 and we are using Space Empires: 4X version
1.3.2.  We are using Dropbox to trade files back and forth.  Everything
went well for the first five turns, but when I received his latest turn,
I opened it and was asked how I wanted to join the game, as an observer
or one of the two colors we were not using.

I am able to move my pieces, but not allowed to buy new ships.  Vassal
does not seem to recognize me as an existing player.  My opponent swears
that he did not make any changes over what we have been doing for the
entire game.  Basically he set up the board and loaded it into Dropbox.
I opened the file, played my turn, and then save the current file back
into Dropbox.

Any suggestions as to how can fix this?

thanks,

Dave