[messages] [Module General Discussion] Re: Small World Vassal Module

irishwulf irishwulf at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 16:21:19 MST 2012

This is now posted as version 4.0.  I disabled the 'Help' command on the
race and power tokens because:
1) It duplicated the functionality of the help charts
2) Unlike the help charts, it obscured the race/power token for all
players while one player was using the help command
3) Because it was visible to all players, it telegraphed the player's
interest in a race without a clear indication that it was doing so
4) I didn't want to bother doing the image processing for the added Be
Not Afraid... races/powers
5) It was not implemented for all existing race and power badges anyway
6) It would rarely, but occasionally, cause pieces to disappear.  I
suspect this was merely a design error, not a Vassal bug, but because of
the other 5 reasons I didn't really investigate.

Probably mostly number 4.

Other changes:
- Token tray pieces are now in decks, and support the 'draw multiple'
command
- Game pieces are now in layers, such that, e.g., fortresses or lairs
always appear underneath race tokens, and dragons and heroes always
appear on top
- Victory points are still manipulated as in the tabletop game - that
is, by moving coin tokens around - but they are actually stored as a
single number, which is shown above your victory point bag.  This total
can be hidden or revealed.
- Map regions are all defined for better reporting: i.e. 'irishwulf
moves Dwarves from Region 12 to Region 16' instead of 'irishwulf moves
Dwarves from offboard to offboard'.

Cheers,
Seth