[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Programming tutorial - MyCounterFactory.class

irishwulf irishwulf at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 22:32:20 MST 2012

So I'd like to take a shot at making a custom counter trait to resolve
nested variable references and store the results in a named local
property, because I think that would be really awesome.  For the same
module, I have successfully implemented a custom class partially
cannibalized from Tension.java in the programming tutorial, but I
haven't had any luck with MyCounterFactory.java.  Using the classfile
provided with the tutorial in zap/MyCounterFactory.class, and setting
the third line of the buildfile (in TextPad) to:
     <zap.MyCounterFactory/>
, I get an 'error building zap.MyCounterFactory' when opening the module
for editing.  Is the process described in the tutorial still valid for
3.1.17?  Further, I must admit that there are some methods described in
the tutorials the functions of which I don't /really/ understand.  Who
is the best person to direct my questions about custom classes to?

-Seth