[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Text labels bug?

barbanera barbanera at fantafoot.com
Fri Jan 27 10:28:19 MST 2012

Hello, I have an empty (no image) basic piece called DUMMY which just
writes $TEXT$ at offset 0,0 with default aligning options. In
particular: horizontal alignment = center. TEXT is a global property,
default "" (empty).

Then I have a bunch of cards with a right-click command CTRL-A which
sets TEXT=$BasicName$.

CTRL-A on the first card results in the string "Julia Roberts",
correctly displayed at the center of the location where the DUMMY piece
was positioned.

CTRL-A on the second card writes out "Hale Berry" in place of "Julia
Roberts". However, it's _no longer horizontally centered_. It's left
aligned on the starting pixel of the "J" in "Julia Roberts" written out
before.

It's like persistent memory of where to start writing the content of
TEXT is stored somewhere in memory after first call.

Is this a bug?