[messages] Edit: [Module Design] Re: Random Selection

JustaBill martinson2005 at netscape.net
Sat Jan 28 09:09:39 MST 2012

[This message has been edited.]

"irishwulf" wrote:
> (1) Before sending the cards to the deck, tell each to record its
> CurrentX and CurrentY, and send them back after you've done whatever
> you want to do.

Does this restore their original stacking order?

The other problem is with actions that trigger upon cards changing maps.
 For example, when cards enter a player's hand this triggers a layer
that marks them as "new".  With your method, I think, the entire hand
would get marked "new" because the cards all left and came back.

It just didn't "feel" right from an architecture perspective to
physically move the cards around; too much potential for side-effects.