[messages] [Module Design] Re: Random Selection

irishwulf irishwulf at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 15:52:52 MST 2012

I will admit that I hate stacks and so I'm not sure how the stack order
is affected.  You are probably right that they would be ruined.

For the triggers, I usually use the same trigger command for all maps
and have the piece decide its behavior with the CurrentMap property.  In
this case, it is pretty simple to implement a 'SuppressTrigger' dynamic
property to include in your property matches.

Another caveat to all of this, however, is that I think moving lots of
pieces around can end up being pretty computationally expensive.  I had
recently written a sort routine for a module by sending the pieces to a
deck and then having them move down the deck to the correct position.
It worked as intended, but I ended up scrapping the whole process in
favor of a custom class because the lag was inexcusable.  So, if you
need to perform lots of piece manipulation using decks, it may be faster
to use delegates without images - but then, I haven't tested whether
that speeds up the processing or not.