[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Re: Text labels bug?

barbanera barbanera at fantafoot.com
Sun Jan 29 08:45:51 MST 2012

I have tried Vassal 3.2.0 build 8015 and I can confirm that the
centering "bug" is still there.

However, text labels are now making use (probably in the right way,
didn't do a through test) of the offset definitions.

For example, an empty (invisible image) piece with several text labels
trait, all at default offsets (0,0) would show:

1) in Vassal 3.1.18 as one line above the other (first text label trait
being bottom line and at offset 0,0, apparently),
    but I think there is also some unpredictable behaviour when a line
is set/reset to blank; moreover, defining different offsets for the
various text labels seems completely buggy (-20,0 showing way high over
-10,0 whereas 0,0 is right under -10,0 etc).

2) in Vassal 3.2.0 build 8015 as all garbled in the same line, which
makes sense if offset is 0,0 for all, I guess.

__Bottom line__: build 8015 seems to really care about the offsets,
whereas 3.1.18 was messying up.
However, _the centering bug (?) is still there_.